photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Friday, October 4, 2013

Tequila...Not Just for Margaritas

123 Tequila has opened my eyes to a new way to look at tequila.  In the past, I have only had tequila in a shot glass presided by some salt and chased with a lime or in a margarita. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a good margarita. You can get me to go pretty much anywhere if you tell me margaritas are involved.  But lately I have learned that you can enjoy tequila as a sipping spirit as well.  This is because I have advanced in my choice of tequila.  123 is unique in that it is 100% organic as well as 100% blue agave plant.  The plant is also matured to 10 years before the agave is cooked.  While the attention to detail and preciseness of the plant they are using is what makes these tequilas impeccable, it is also what causes them to shoot up in price.  

So, if you are going to just drink tequila with some pre-made mix, then go ahead and stick to the cheap stuff.  But if you are going to enjoy your beverage, it is worth the splurge.  I like to drink mine with a little lime juice and a touch of agave nectar for some sweetness and have a salt rimmed glass.




Mini Tequila Lesson

123 Tequila makes it easy to understand the difference in three expressions of tequila.  It all has to do with the aging process, 1 being the youngest and so on.  In general there are 3 names of tequila that you should know when buying.  

Silver/Blanco: less than 2 months aging in stainless or a neutral barrel
Reposadoaged a minimum of two months, but less than a year in oak barrels
AƱejo: aged a minimum of one year, but less than three years

1 comment:

  1. Great tips Amy! I have always wondered what the differences in Resposado and Anejo were. Thanks for sharing :) CHEERS

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k