photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Cauliflower Crust Buffalo Chicken Pizza

How many recipes have we all pinned and never made? My cook-to-pin ratio is somewhere around 2%, so this week I decided to make something that has interested me for a long time: cauliflower crust pizza.

I’ve been trying to incorporate more veggies in my diet, which has been a real struggle. I figured tricking my taste buds with cauliflower hidden under mass quantities of cheese was worth a try. Cheese really does make everything better, no?

Before you get out your recipe card and pen, I must tell you that a great number of my flaws can be showcased in a Home-Ec curriculum. This is probably because I skipped that class too many times to count in middle school. Sorry Mom. When you're trying to get the cool girls to like you, skipping class to hang out in the locker room gets you on the fast track to popularity quicker than learning Martha Stewart skills.

Let’s just say I mistook wax paper for parchment paper and nearly started a fire in the oven. {Not an uncommon occurrence, the fire alarm goes off at least once every four times I use the oven.} There was a five minute pause in cooking time so I could open all the windows, swear a lot, and frantically wave my arms as smoke from the charred wax paper filled the house. Once the situation was somewhat under control, I proceeded to forego my no-drinking-on-Mondays rule.

Even with the near-fire, this pizza ended up delicious. I honestly would not be able to tell the crust was made out of super-healthy cauliflower had I not grated the veggie myself.

Ingredients:
1/2 head cauliflower {grated}
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 egg {lightly beaten}
1/4 tsp garlic
1/2 cup Frank's Buffalo sauce
3/4 cup chicken {shredded}
blue cheese to taste

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grate the cauliflower and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 6 minutes or until cauliflower is soft, stirring every 2 minutes.


Mix the egg, cauliflower, garlic, and one cup of the mozzarella cheese. Spread on to a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Use olive oil or cooking spray to ensure the crust doesn't stick.

everything was going so well....
Bake crust for 15 minutes. Mix chicken, the rest of the mozzarella, and blue cheese in a bowl.

Post-fire. Notice the paper is gone.

Once the crust is a light brown, remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes for cauliflower to harden. Drizzle Frank's hot sauce to taste.

Top the crust with the chicken and cheese mixture, and stick back in the oven for 6-8 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.

Cut into slices with a pizza cutter, and enjoy!




1 comment:

 

design + development by fabulous k