photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Friday, October 11, 2013

Something {Scary}


No, I'm not trying out my 2013 Halloween costume as Edward {Foil} Hands.  I'm simply trying to remove my Gel Nail Polish.  Have you ever tried that at home?  It's no easy task!  I've always had them removed at a nail salon, but this time I thought I would be a thrifty chick by purchasing a DIY solution at Walgreens. 

The directions, how I interpreted them at least, seemed simple!  Buff the top of the polish to break the top coat seal, saturate a cotton pad with the purchased solution, and then wrap the pads around your nails tightly with foil.

The reality? It is nearly impossible to wrap your second hand when you have already wrapped the first hand.   If you can get this far, you must leave them on for 15 minutes!  This is like an eternity for a girl who needs to be productive on a Wednesday night!  Before you start this process my advice would be to eat, find something good on the boob tube, and grab a glass of something tasty to sip on.  Or skip their directions and soak your nails in the solution for a few minutes until you can scrape and buff it off.  This is what I eventually resorted to.

My saving grace during this debacle?  Schlafly Pumpkin Ale!   I have tasted around a dozen different pumpkin style brews and NONE of them come close to the Schlafly.  Schlafly achieves the most rich and decadent mouthfeel  without being too unctuous.  Wonderful autumn spice aromas and flavors make you feel all warm and fuzzy from head to toe!  It's the perfect Fall treat!  Schlafly is a brewery based in St. Louis and their Pumpkin Ale sells out very quickly upon release, so if you can get your hands on some, I'd highly suggest it!  


Cheers,
Whitney

1 comment:

  1. Love schlafly pumpkin ale but it's a bummer they don't sell it in Texas.

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k