photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wardrobe Woes

By {Whitney}


If you are a woman, you are predisposition to lie about two things: age and weight/size.  If you're me you can add a third lie, which is {how many drinks you've had.}   The case in point today, is that size DOES matter!

I have a friend getting married this October.  I will be seeing all of my lovely {stylish} girlfriends from college at this wedding.  I need to look cute.  That is what we women do.  Women dress for women, not men.

I decide to rent a dress!  This is not a new concept for me.  I have rented through renttherunway.com several times and have had great success!  This time....it was an adventure.  You are able to order 2 sizes of the dress of your choice.  These are GORGEOUS designer duds that you can rent for peanuts compared to retail cost!  I choose my dress. I choose my 2 sizes {obviously the smaller being my number one choice.}

Life is good until the Thursday before my friend's Saturday wedding which is a 3 hour drive from my home.  I receive an email that my preferred size was damaged and no longer available.  I'm sure you can imagine my frustration at this point.  I have relied on this garment for months, and they tell me just a day before I leave town that my size is not available?!

I exchange a number of emails with a sweet gal from RTR named Katie.  She is very apologetic and accommodating to me.  I end up giving her a description of my preferred style of dress, size, occasion etc. and she sends me an extra garment as well as my second choice size of the original dress I ordered.  All day long, I'm chomping at the bit to get home and try these dresses on.  Immediately I throw the {larger} sized dress aside.   After SQUEEZING into the bonus dress she sent me, I had to laugh.  I threw such a fit to get a smaller sized dress, and it looks horrendous on me!   As I reached for the {larger} sized dress, I found myself crossing my fingers that it fit.  What do you know?  It fit perfectly!


 
Upon the traumatic realization that {I'm not as skinny as I thought},  I decided that a nice drink would wash my sorrows away.  So, I opened a bottle of 2010 Hedge's Winery "Cuvee Marcel Dupont" Syrah- Red Mountain, Washington.  I have always had a special place in my heart for Syrah.  In my favorite expressions it exudes a delightful mixture of white pepper, anise, olives, blood, roasted meats and violet. This may sound strange, but it's quite pleasurable to me AND it's what {I} like.

Be you, be true to you.  No matter your size or preferences in life.

Cheers,
Whitney

1 comment:

 

design + development by fabulous k