photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My First Book Reading

I went to my very first book reading yesterday and had a wonderful time.  It made me feel like such an intellectual.  The closest thing I have come to a book reading is watching Carrie Bradshaw on Sex and the City stand up in front of her crowd.  The truth is, I was there for work pouring Greek wines that correlated with the story. But this made me start thinking that I should attend so many more of these readings!


Even more exciting for me was the book was about Greek wines and the writer, Charles Blackstone, is the husband of Alpana Singh.  Alpana Singh is the youngest women ever to become a Master Sommelier and if you live Chicago, she is a celebrity.  She owns The Boarding House, an amazing restaurant downtown and also a TV Personality.

As I introduced myself to both of them, they were so normal.  Talking about things any married couple would and as Charles started to read the book I could hear where he got his inspiration.  I bought the book immediately afterwards and cannot wait to get into it.  Any story that involves wine and traveling, all the while telling a love story sounds like my kind of thing.  I know this Sunday will involve me opening up a bottle of one of my favorite Greek wine, Domaine Sigalas Assyrtiko Blend and diving into this book.

Also, if you are looking for something interesting to do I will encourage you all to find a local independent book store and attend one of their readings.  I know that I will definitely go back to The Book Cellar for more.  I am lucky that my local book store also serves wine!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Amy! I will certainly pick-up a copy of this!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k