photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Monday, October 7, 2013

Fashion Month is {finally} Over


Valentino - Spring 2014 RTW

Ok, so if any of you are like me...fashion month gives you anxiety.  I capital L - LOVE fashion, and have all my life, but I spend my days doing something completely non-fashion related {litigation to be exact}.  As I'm sure you can imagine, outfit creativity is not something that is exactly encouraged in my office.  Therefore, when I see pictures of bloggers/editors/street style photogs all dolled up in the latest and greatest of the season, I get a little sad and stressed that I can't prance into my office in hot pants and thigh high boots with my {imaginary} neon pink Celine bag.  But that's neither here nor there.

Once I move past my "I wish I was a famous fashion editor" funk that I go through every time a fashion month rolls around and actually spend some time on style.com checking out the looks of the season, I cheer up.  I mean, how can you not?  It's like going through the looking glass and seeing a fairy tale play out in real life.  I can't quite explain it, but as I click through the pictures I feel like I'm transported to a better place {swoon}. 


This season, the collections that hit a home run for me were Valentino {amazonian fairy princesses - see above}, Christian Dior {futuristic 50's house-wife princesses}, and Elie Saab {plain ol' fairy princesses}.  All were stunning in very different ways but they had one thing in common...spring...of 2014!  Now that I know what I'll be dreaming about wearing next year, it's time to focus on the season at hand... but I'll save that discussion for a later post. 


What were your favorite shows from this past fashion month?







No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k