photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Welcome to The {something} Project!


First of all let me start off by saying HELLO!  I am so glad that you are here reading the first ever post of The {something} Project.  This little project has been sometime in the making.  I started my blog {pretty in pink} in 2010 to be a creative outlet.  It turned into so much more than that.  I would say that the last three years have been the most eye opening, growing and learning years of my 28.  I don’t contribute that to my blog, but I do thank it for giving me a place to be able to be myself. I know everyone hears this advice but I can’t say it enough.  Until you are truly yourself you will never really be happy.  I believe and stand behind this so much.

All four TSP Girls! Monica, Whitney, Molly, and Morgan.
When I was about 10 I started an online webzine, remember those? Maybe not, but it was basically a newsletter teenage girls made and sent out. Mine was called Moxie Girl, until I found a bunch of email addresses, used them, and got my family kicked off of AOL forever… whoops. I actually don’t think my parents ever got the real answer as to why we got kicked off…. They probably thought it was something much more inappropriate than this. Well mom and dad, now you know. This may put your minds at ease after all these years?

So what is The {something} Project?  It’s about being you.  Is it a fashion blog? Sure.  Is it a fitness blog? Yep. Will you get advice on hair and makeup? Most likely.  Is it pretentious? Absolutely not.  I love reading blogs all day long.  However, the thing I felt was missing from most that I read was REAL people.  You’d think blogs would have helped that factor but everyone blogs their best self so you’re still left feeling like that person is a little more glamorous than you are, whether it’s true or not.  Will we post our best outfits? Yes.  Will we post vacations? Sure will. The main difference in this blog is that I have hand picked girls who I know will be real with you.  It’s not even about getting information that is true, a million blogs and websites will give you real true information about what to wear, eat, use, read, and listen to. We want to entertain you while you read.  I want to tell you about being late for my flight, running through the airport, and falling flat on my face to twist my ankle and bruise my knees. To yes still miss my flight.

TSP Girls Amy, Molly, & Casey
This is a place for girls to come to laugh. Take a break during work and get a little advice but mostly laugh. Laugh about being a girl and all of the funny things that go along with it.  I love my life but I realize that nine times out of ten my day-to-day stories will make normal people laugh out loud, and that’s what I want! I don’t tell people the story of me falling in the airport and missing my flight for sympathy…  I never want sympathy, if I’m telling you a story it’s because I want to hear you laugh…. At and with me.

This was something that I learned when I was young.  I was an accident, my sisters were 13 and 12 years older and my brother 3 years older. My family is not one to hold back our feelings, or hold back a joke at someone else’s expense.  When I was little my family would laugh at me at the dinner table and make me cry {again… no sympathy welcome}. I literally will never forget them saying “we aren’t laughing at you we’re laughing with you!” Thanks fam for literally making me who I am now, I wouldn’t be this person without you and I thank you for making fun of me without holding back all of those years {I actually don’t mean that sarcastically….}. It gave me a thicker skin and prepared me for life.

So enjoy. Find your favorite writer and follow along with them. Find your favorite section and come back to it a few times a week. Find your {something} that makes you happy and read it weekly. Most importantly, enjoy and escape from the world for a minute into our little world, The {something} Project.

Xoxo,
Molly

P.S. You will notice on our Instagram and Facebook posts we show you which of us posted it. You can find your favorite writers posts by searching their hashtag. Mine is #MollyTSP.



1 comment:

  1. You girls are amazing. What a great idea and your website is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k