photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

{snail} MAIL

By {Morgan}

I love receiving snail mail. There is something about opening the mailbox and seeing a cute envelope {because we all know the best mail comes in adorned packaging} that makes you feel curious & excited. But, even more than receiving snail mail, I love sending it. It feels good

For 5 years I lived on the East Coast {Massachusetts/Connecticut}, a thousand miles away from friends & family in Kansas. Now I live back in Kansas, a thousand miles away from friends on the East Coast. This has given me a whole new appreciation for mail. 
Phone calls, texts, g-chats, emails are great. They keep you connected. But sending & receiving snail mail is even better. 
Why?
I think because {in 2014} it is rare. I think because it is unexpected. I think because it always seems to magically arrive at just the right time

As often as I can {which is still not often enough} I try and send a note or a package to a friend many miles away, or one right down the road. Recently I discovered VelvetCrate and it made sending a package super easy & fun. 



"A VelvetCrate is the perfect gift for her, filled with chic, fun, and luxurious gifts she will love. The gifts are traditional, tried-and-true items that women of all ages love.
Our three signature collections - Celebrate, Just Because, and Love - are updated every few months with new brands and gifts that reflect the current season. Each VelvetCrate is delivered in modern packaging with a custom card that can be personalized with your message." www.velvetcrate.com 
Summer CELEBRATE collection
How awesome is that? Recently, I picked Summer CELEBRATE to send to one of my best friends as she wrapped up a summer at Camp. I feel like these 4 beautiful things said, "Cheers! You are awesome. You just worked your butt off, now take care of yourself; hydrate, eat yummy, healthy chow & relax." I felt refreshed looking at it, and I hoped she would feel the same way when receiving it. 

Hearing her tell me the story of how she received the package {almost not opening it, thinking it was for a work related event}, how it caught her off guard, and what perfect timing it came in, made ME feel happy & loved, too. 

I love how the VelvetCrates change from season to season, and that you can choose a ship date {right away, or -when you're on top of your game- in a few days so it is received closest to a birthday, or other occasion}. A VelvetCrate is a lovely, easy way to send a beautiful & unique gift! 

So now, you are all challenged to get out that notecard set & pen, go to www.velvetcrate.com or put together your own package, and send some snail mail! The recipient will be in awe & you will feel pretty darn good too! 


P.S. In talking about snail mail, I have to give a shout out to the TSP girls who I have been lucky enough to call my friends for the past 10 years. These girls are ON IT when it comes to birthday cards, and that is an art; a personal, thoughtful, appreciated art! 



1 comment:

 

design + development by fabulous k