photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Year’s Resolutions? Still No...

Here we are again, the snow has fallen, the trees are dying, the twinkling lights are being taken down. It’s that time of year in which we are supposed to decide what we did wrong in the last year and what we want to {yet again} fix in the new year. You might remember my post from last NYE’s here. Well, it’s safe to say that didn’t exactly pan out as I planned but I’m going to take the same attitude I had 1 year ago and use that again for 2015.


For those of you reading this that know me well you know that it’s safe to say that 2014 wasn’t the best year of my life. I’ll be the first one to admit it, because let’s be honest, it was a pretty bad year when you write it down on paper. I had a great year end {bang} with my car being stolen the day before Christmas Eve too. It the perfect cherry on the top of my year.

I could feel sorry for myself, I could mope around, cry, and say oh poor me, but I’m not going to do that. While there were some big things in 2014 to feel sad about, there were also many things in 2014 to be really happy about, even to outweigh the bad beginning to the year.

I finally moved to the city I set my sights on years ago {Denver}. I get to see my twin niece and nephew grow into their own personalities daily because of that move. I was lucky enough to immediately fall into a great new group of friends I couldn’t feel more fortunate to have in my life. Luckily, I found these friends following my very own advice that was published on Elite Daily last summer, one of my proudest writing moments so far.


So starting now, I will look back fondly at the positive moments of 2014, because there were many of them. I will remember the bad moments only so I learn from them and don’t make the same mistakes twice. I won’t beat myself over the head with those mistakes, there’s no point in that, that's not how we grow as people.

I’m really looking forward to 2015. I feel like this will finally be my year, my time. Whether I finally really start working out again, learn French, paint more, write more, or anything else that might have made it on my resolutions list in 2015 {had I made one}, I’m not going to care. I’m going to spend my 2015 focusing on myself and my relationships, doing things that I’ve always wanted to, but mostly just enjoying my life and being happy for the many wonderful things that surround me.

xoxo,
Molly

2 comments:

  1. Denver... how fun! Cheers to good things in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very interesting post!! That time of year is about to come again. I am also planning to throw a fun NYE party in the office. I would like to get help from the corporate event planners. Currently we making plans for an official trip for Christmas celebration so will start planning for NYE later.

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k