photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Monday, November 11, 2013

The Lipstick/Wine Glass Challenge

By {Whitney}

As a wine professional, I'm always searching for the best lipstick that won't leave a nasty, gunky residue on my glass of wine.  You know you've been there. You're at a party, you set your wine glass down. As you enter a quasi-interesting conversation with an acquaintance, the thought suddenly crosses your mind...where the hell did I leave my glass?  However, {you} can tell exactly which is yours because it looks like Bozo the Clown was making out with your Pinot Noir.  {Not cool}  

Well, I refuse to give up my high-pigment lipsticks, and giving up wine is just ludicrous...so I was in search for the best stick for my lips!   I tested 4 different makers and colors.  The glassware is Riedel.  Riedel may be expensive, but in all honesty it's worth the investment. 
Why you ask?  Riedel has set the bar for quality glassware worldwide for over 250 years!  These glasses are carefully crafted with super light-weight lead crystal,  the thinness of the glass around the lip sends the wine directly to your palate and quite frankly, they look gorgeous.  No need to buy all the fancy types.  Having a glass suitable for REDS, WHITES and BUBBLES is sufficient.  I don't believe that the different shapes make a significant difference. See some of my favorites below.
The Consensus: This is my favorite color of the season, Oxblood!  It's so intense and super sexy. The consistency is matte, but still moisturizing.  Only had to reapply 2 times in one day!  It left behind a minimal amount of gunk.
The Consensus:  This is a very RICH pigment!  It dries my lips out a little, so I would apply a moisturizing balm before.   I love how easy it is to apply!  It left a moderate amount of gunk behind.  

The Consensus:  The color is more of an electric raspberry.  LOVE it!  Unfortunately, it is not wine-glass friendly.  It left the most residue on my glass.  However, the color is a statement piece.  This will be my non-wine-drinking night lipstick.  {aka it won't be worn often}

The Consensus:  Pictures do NOT do the Yves Saint Laurent any justice!  This is high-quality lip goo.  Re-application is minimal, color is stunning, AND it leaves the LEAST amount of gunk on the glass!  I now have 3 other colors in this line. Obsession is an understatement.




Cheers!
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k