photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Thursday, November 21, 2013

30 Days of Fur {Nerd Chic}

By {Molly}





Jeans {7 For All Mankind} // Shoes {Thrifted, Similar Here} // Top {JCrew} // Vest {Old, Similar Here}

I had glasses when I was in 3rd grade. They weren't your typical glasses for a 3rd grader. I had bifocals. For anyone who doesn't know this basically means they had the little insert thing so I could see far and close in them, aka I'm blind both ways.  I rebelled in my "Air Toto" {yes like Wizard of Oz} sweatshirt and kept telling the teacher that I forgot them at home. Until my mom and teacher joined forces and made SURE I wore them everyday. Not cool mom.  

Around high school I graduated to contacts for a few months. It took me 3.4 hours each morning to put them in my eyes. You know that pouf test they do on your eyes? Yeah I have to have someone hold my head down so I don't move. I have had multiple doctors say "Wow, you are really bad at this... like the worst I've ever experienced." 

Waking up at 4am to get my contacts in got old fast. I stopped wearing them, neglected my glasses and went on my way.  Fast forward to a few months ago and I had headaches everyday from staring at a computer. Thankfully, I was smart enough to get cool glasses. I walked into LensCrafters and said "I want those". Pointing to the RayBan Wayfarers in tortoise {aka sunglasses}. I asked if they could pop out the lens and pop in a glasses lens and they did.  

I'm not a loser who has glasses to look smart/cool. I actually need them but I do like to look smart/cool sometimes too...

Also, welcome Dude back to the blog. Doesn't he look thrilled to be in these pictures? There was another dog behind us most of the time so he wasn't overly cooperative.

xoxo,
Molly

P.S. Now, did you read this post yet? If not hop on over there and find out WHY I am asking for donation for Movember. Or if you did read it just pop over here and donate already! Oh, I just realized that's 2 posts in a row of a jumpsuit/romper huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k