photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Frosting Glass

By {Morgan}

When I moved into my rental house, my landlords had just hung new white mini blinds on the window in my shower. 
{A window to the backyard...in the shower...I don't understand either}
The white blinds looked great, but within a week, rust started building up on the brushed aluminum blinds and on the window sill. 
After doing a little research, it does look like most aluminum mini blinds are rust proof/water resistant, but I wasn't having such luck. 

I remembered seeing on one of my daily blogs reads, Young House Love, that they created more privacy in their bathroom by frosting the window right above their toilet. 
I thought that frosting this window would not only create the needed privacy, but it would also take away the bulk of having blinds hanging, let a little more natural light in, and make it easier to crack open the window for added ventilation. {It is the only source of ventilation.}
If you're going to have a window in your shower, you might as well enjoy it to the max. 

I bought the materials at Home Depot.

And got exactly the result I was looking for. 


The process was simple. Clean and dry the window, measure and cut the film, spray the application solution, peel & stick on the film, use the squeegee to smooth out all bubbles. 


Rust producing blinds, begone!






You may also notice in the before & after photos that along with a shower curtain and new bathmat, I got a new toilet & vanity.
Plumbing issues begone, too!

Peace, Love & Frosty Windowed Bathrooms,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k