photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving Table Centerpiece

By {Amy}

I love the Holidays! A couple years back was the first year that my cousin and I hosted our entire family. We live in Chicago and they were all traveling in from Kansas, which meant that everything was 100% up to us.  Since I had never fully hosted an event of this scale, I didn't realize how much work it was.  As soon as my Grandmother arrived, I thanked her for the countless amount of time that she continuously spent on getting the meal and house ready for the holidays year after year.  I finally realized how much work it is.

As much work as it was, it was still so much fun.  I decided that I wanted to make something really special and different for this event.  Since we didn't have decorations or a centerpiece for the table, I decided that making my own would be the way to go.  So I found this recipe and got to work.  This was actually a lot of fun and pretty easy to make.  The great thing about it is that any mistake, you can cover up by more bread stick or strategically place a flower.  I totally over cooked my cornucopia, but it gave it a great color.  Unfortunately, after the amount of hands that touched this and the fact that I overcooked it, it was definitely not edible.  So we just baked an extra batch of bread sticks to eat.  I went to the store and bought some fall flowers and a couple extra squash and viola, an easy, cheap and I think pretty centerpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k