photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Sweet & Savory Sandwiches

By {Casey}

I'm not a great cook. I take that back. I'm a horrible cook. I try, I really do! Somehow the recipe I find never quite looks or tastes the way it should. I watch Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen, and any other cooking competition show I can squeeze into my not-so-busy schedule. The thing is, I see someone make a delicious beer cheese soup and think to myself, "Well shit! I have beer and cheese!" Apparently, heating up Natty Light & Velveeta Cheese on the stove doesn't have quite the same look, taste, texture...{I'm sorry for making you try this CO}.



I have finally found something that's quick, easy, and delicious.
Check out these strawberry, goat cheese and arugula sandwiches!



I found this recipe in a random Hy-Vee magazine that was sent to my house I normally would toss in the trash. It looked pretty, and I loved everything in the ingredients section so I gave it a whirl. I recommend making these when you are short on time, but need to impress. {Think friends coming over for an impromptu brunch, family stopping by unannounced...etc}. It took me 5 minutes to make 2 of these. Carbs, goat cheese, strawberries...what's not to love?

Ingredients:

  • 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar 
  • 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard 
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • Pinch of Salt & Pepper
  • 4 ounces soft honey goat cheese 
  • 4 English Muffins
  • 1 cup arugula leaves
  • 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
  • 4 teaspoons sliced green onions


Directions:

  • To prepare vinaigrette, in a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt & pepper; set aside.
  • Spread 1 tablespoon {or more} goat cheese on each English Muffin. Top with arugula, strawberries and green onion. Drizzle Vinaigrette over sandwiches.




I'm not one to improvise, as that usually ends up in a beer cheese soup scenario {should've used Bud Light}...however there are so many ways to make this if you don't have certain ingredients in your kitchen. Ex: I used ground mustard instead of whole grain mustard, regular balsamic vinegar rather than white, and you can use spinach, blueberries and feta cheese if you want to go another route! The possibilities are endless. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k