photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Brunching in {Chicago}

By {Amy}

Coobah.com
Brunch is one of my favorite things to do in Chicago.  With the summer quickly approaching, it is even more fun when you can sit outside and people watch all morning.  I have three very specific things when looking for a brunch place.  First, there needs to be a creative cocktail or Bloody with excellent garnish.  I almost always order a Bloody depending on what it is served with it.  Second, is the Eggs Benedict.  It is my go to order and I like when they mix it up a bit with creative Hollandaise and substitutes for the Canadian Bacon.  Third is the wait time.  Normally I have been out the night before and I am ready for my drink and food ASAP.  But since I live in Chicago and like to eat brunch around 10:30 (the same time as every other Chicagoan) it can be difficult to find a great place without a wait.  Coobah, fits all of my top three perfectly!

Coobah-Proof-162 


 This place is a Latin Asian mix up with an amazing cocktail menu.  I love the mojito or paloma and their Benedict is served with a crab cake.  I went with some friends the other day and not one person was disappointed with their meal.  Great portions with great flavor is what you will get every time.  

Finally the people who work there are really nice.  I once sat down for brunch and had an emergency come up and had to leave immediately.  By emergency, I mean that my new couch arrived at my apartment 2 hours early.  I couldn't go another week without any furniture.  They were so accommodating even comping our drinks as long as we promised to come back again.  Of course I did and I have recommended this place to everyone I know.  So if you ever make it up to the windy city, I hope you give this place a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k