photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Paper + Fabric {Invitations}

By {Morgan}

I love crafting with paper & fabric, binding them together with my sewing machine. 
For my sister's 30th birthday invitations I used 2 different papers and 2 different fabrics. 


I hand-cut the pennant flags from a heavy linen fabric and used my cameo silhouette to cut {30's} out of a floral cotton fabric and to {write} the invite.
I love my cameo silhouette! The 3 silhouette tools used for this project were a fabric blade, the clean cut fabric interfacing & a pen holder.
Yes! The machine cut the numbers AND sketched the invite information. It's quite fun to watch it do its magic.


Once I had all my flags cut, 30's cut, and invitations sketched, putting it together was very simple.
I ironed on the 30's, glued the kraft paper to white card stock and then married the paper & fabric together with my sewing machine {with a zig zag stitch}.

Mixing paper & fabric gives the invitation 2 layers of fun...and an unexpected surprise for your guests.

{I'll be back soon to share details about the party food & decor!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k