photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Brunching in {Austin}


I think we can all agree brunch to a twenty-something girl is like video games to a twenty-something boy. You can spend hours at it, sitting in the same spot (preferably with friends), not getting anything productive done but leave a happier, more relaxed person once you're through.

I've made a sport of finding the best brunch spots in Kansas City, but the place I'm sharing with you today is in Moo's city of Austin. Bess Bistro on Pecan is right off 6th Street. They serve dollar mimosas, need I say more? Yes, I do. Not only are the drinks a ridiculous bargain, but the food is out of this universe delicious. I ordered the deconstructed Croque Monsieur, then went through the buffet line (hey-I was on vacation OK?) and finished off the meal with an order of Fruity Pebble pancakes. The pancakes were the talk of the week after we returned. They left such an impression that the second meal my new husband requested for dinner was..... Fruity Pebble pancakes. By no means were mine nearly as good as Bess's, but until next time Austin, my homemade ones will have to do.


divinity in pancake form
Photo Credit: Yelp

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k