photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Years Resolutions? Nope.

By {Molly}

I've written down my New Years resolutions about 5 times in the last couple weeks. Each time I think... this seems familiar? Oh yeah, it's the same list from last year. Same things about myself I wanted to change 1 year ago and still have yet to do anything about.  Then it hit me. Why do we spend the end of the year and beginning of the next talking about things we want to do differently.  Why don't we focus on talking about what we liked about the previous year and want to keep in our lives? I don't know about you but starting a clean slate isn't easy when you have a list of things you wish you would've done or want to change about yourself staring you in the face.


Honestly, I think if I stop writing it down every year I will actually get healthy, travel more, learn French, and learn website design. I think it's just sitting in front of my face and intimidating me. List be gone! 2013 was a great year for me and I'd rather reflect on it in a positive light. My amazing boyfriend who makes me incredibly happy everyday, who pushes me to be a better person, and loves me for me. His adorable dog who stole my heart one snuggle at a time. My new niece and nephew who fill me with constant joy and amazement. And last but not least this blog, all of which came about in 2013.

So don't tell me what you want to do differently. I want to know what were your favorite parts of 2013. Why was it a great year for you?  It doesn't mean we aren't ready for 2014. I think we are all going to kick the shit out of this year and every year after just like we did 2013.

xoxo,
Molly


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k