photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Golden Globes {Best & Worst}

By {Molly}

I have to say that I'm underwhelmed. Maybe I'm always underwhelmed because I'm expecting to be blown off my feet? Who knows, no matter the reason, there was a lot of black, color blocking, short sleeves, and bad 90's prom. Let's just get straight to the point. Here are my personal favorite/least favorites.


This might possibly be my favorite. I love the geometric gold lines and the color. It's elegant but has a fun whimsical spirit which I feel is perfect for a show like the Globes. 


I am a big Mad Men fan. Did I watch all the seasons on NetFlix within a month period? Yes. Have I watched since? No. But I loved every second I watched on NetFlix. To the point, I love this look. It's gorgeous, intricate, sexy, and amazing.


The reason why I love this look is simple. She totally played this straight from American Hustle and I adore her for it. I feel like she could have stepped off the red carpet in the 70's and she's killing it in 2014. 


Hottest pregnant lady I've ever seen. If you disagree then please send me a picture of a hotter pregnant women and I would be happy to take this back... I'll wait patiently.


I hate to say this is where my least favorites begin. They all have a major theme... they remind me of the 90's, and not in a good way. I just really feel like a girl I went to high school with wore this to prom, and I went to prom in 2003.


I'm a little scared about this one, not the dress, but putting Sandra Bullock in my worst dressed list. I feel like maybe someone is going to come out of the dark shadows of my living room and throw my computer away and threaten me. Well, this is the biggest risk of my life but I don't like this dress. I don't hate the top, when they show her at table she looks gorgeous! Waste down? Throw this away...


I wish I could sympathize with getting dressed pregnant {wait... actually no I don't}, but I can't.  However, after seeing Olivia Wilde I KNOW you can do better than this. Did you forget you were going to the Globes tonight and put on the nursery curtains? Drew, you are gorgeous and I die for your red lip and glowy pregnant skin... just find a different stylist.


I love Heidi but even more I love Marchesa. It's one of my favorite lines of all time. What kills this look for me is the hair and the necklace. Oh the necklace... I hate you. The claustrophobia you make me feel, the 90's fashion you make me remember which makes me want to cry.

xoxo,
Molly

2 comments:

  1. Please tell me choker necklaces are not making a comeback...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately the 90's are back and I think that means choker necklaces... I refuse to accept that though.

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k