photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

How to Wash Denim {Don't...}

It's that age old question we always talk about {or is that just me?}. How do you wash your jeans? If you wash them in the washing machine you run the risk of fading and breaking down the denim. If you don't wash them, well people will mistake you for a homeless person.


I had heard about putting your jeans in the freezer before but was really reluctant to try it. Why would I do that? There's no way that works.

Well after buying my new favorite pair of coated black, wine, and purple skinnies I decided I had to try something otherwise these three pairs were never getting washed.  They aren't even real denim but I popped them in the freezer and they smelled as fresh and clean the next morning!

It turns out it actually gets rid of most of the bacteria on denim.  No it's not 100% effective but it's a lot better then getting your favorite pair of jeans out of the dryer and realizing they don't look the same. Or hang drying your jeans only to have to force on a pair of stiff uncomfortable fabric.

Try it... you won't be disappointed. Your boyfriend/husband might think you're crazy but chances are he already does...

xoxo,
Molly

1 comment:

  1. Totally doing this with my new pair of black coated jeans! (Aren't you proud of me, I finally got some.) I was wondering how on earth I was going to clean them after the last trip to Chicago when margarita and snow got all over them. Thanks Molls!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k