photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Fitness Files: {Pure Barre}

Squatting and tucking your hips until your legs start to uncontrollably shake.
Holding an elbow plank for 90 seconds.
Push ups and tricep dips until you're red in the face and sweat is showing through your tank top.

This is just another class in the life of a Pure Barre student.

I started this whole Pure Barre endeavor like I do most things I'm trying for the first time - Groupon. I'll never forget that first class. I thought it was beyond weird to hold a red ball between your legs, all the way up there while "tucking" {pelvic thrusting} and holding onto the ballet barre {for dear life in attempts not to pass out}. My arms, core, and legs shook with fatigue within the first 10 minutes of class. I fought the urge to cry out for relief when the instructor announced it was finally time to stretch at the end of the excruciating 50 minutes.

Red room of pain, or Pure Barre studio?
As an ex-dancer who was never able to touch her toes, the flexibility of the women in my class intimidated me. Their delts amazed me. Their stamina was something I couldn't even fathom. I'm pretty sure I gave the stink eye to some of the fittest women in class on accident, so annoyed that they were making this look easy.



While those first few classes were awkward {at best} and discouraging {at worst}, the results quickly started showing. After just a few weeks, you'll feel a huge difference in your ability, and soon thereafter the fun body changes start to happen.

Pure Barre is a low impact, high intensity workout that offers some serious results. Chances are, you live in or near a city with its own Pure Barre studio. If you're looking for a new workout that just might become one of your favorite parts of the day, I encourage you to give it a try and see the results for yourself. Not only is it an amazing workout, I've found it to be a great place to make new friends, too!



Photo credits: @pboverlandpark


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k