photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Fabulous Gadgets {The Veggetti}

 By {Amy}

I know the name of this might have made you look twice but I am talking about the wonderful vegetable spiralizer.   It is one of those “As Seen on TV” items, which I watched an infomercial once on at 3 am {after a cocktail or 12}.  I have never actually made a purchase from one of those, but in this case I wish I would have found it sooner.


I have very few diet rules, but the ones I do have I stick to religiously.  At the top of that list is NO carbs for dinner.   The other two are drink at least three glasses of water and only drink soda from the mini cans.  While the second two are pretty easy to stick to, the no carbs at night can get tricky.  Especially with all the amazing pasta dishes flooding my Pinterest page.  Since I cannot avoid that many pasta dishes, I had been subbing spaghetti squash as a substitute for the noodles. The spaghetti squash substitute is great, but it will be nice to add zucchini into the mix.

Here is my first attempt at it, and it turned out great.  It was a breeze to use and kind of fun!  Just spiral up the zucchini using the Veggetti, add to boiling water for 2 minutes, drain and you are done.  I topped with Bolognese sauce that I had made and it held up great.  In a hurry, just add your favorite jarred marinara sauce and you are done.  I am excited to continue experimenting with other veggies and recipes.




1 comment:

  1. My friend just bought one of these because of this post Amy!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k