photo style-4.png photo apartment-chic.png photo skinny-girl.png photo crafty-girl.png photo daily-life.png photo cheers.png

Monday, July 21, 2014

A Vegetable Tablescape {party decor}

By {Morgan}


You've seen the invitations and the menu, now it's time to share my favorite part of a party…the tablescape!


For my sister's 30th birthday dinner, I was inspired by the colorful produce section of the grocery store.


I know I'm not the only one who walks through a farmer's market or produce section and thinks, {wow, gorgeous}! Just check out #farmersmarket & #produce, people love to Instagram the colorful beauty of vegetables.

Before I went to the grocery store, I set my table so that I would know how much space I had to fill with vegetables. I wrote down my vase sizes that I used in the tablescape, and an idea of what could fill them.

At the store, I played around with color & size combos to be sure I had a variety.
When I got home, I washed the veggies and began filling vases!

Carrots | Rainbow Chard & Radishes

Cincinnati Market Radish & Purple Kale | Artichokes

Beets
Radishes
For place cards, I typed each guests name on a piece of brown kraft paper using my typewriter. I cut them and used a straight pin to attach them to artichokes.





 I stopped by Trader Joes to pick up hydrangeas, sunflowers, lemons & key limes.




This summer, get out to your local Farmer's Market, grab some veggies, cook them {and} decorate with them and have yourself a fresh & colorful dinner party!

{shop this post}


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k